University of Maryland's

National Pan-Hellenic Council

ABOUT

The National Pan-Hellenic Council, Incorporated is currently composed of nine International Greek letter Fraternities and Sororities: Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc., Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc., and Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc., and Iota Phi Theta Fraternity, Inc. NPHC has worked to promote interaction through forums, meetings and other mediums for the exchange of information and engages in cooperative programming and initiatives through various activities and functions.

 

On May 10, 1930, on the campus of Howard University, in Washington DC, the National Pan-Hellenic Council formed as a permanent organization with the following charter members: Omega Psi Phi and Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternities, and Alpha Kappa Alpha, Delta Sigma Theta, and Zeta Phi Beta Sororities. In 1931, Alpha Phi Alpha and Phi Beta Sigma Fraternities joined the Council. Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority joined in 1937 and Iota Phi Theta Fraternity completed the list of member organizations in 1997.

 

The stated purpose and mission of the organization in 1930 was “Unanimity of thought and action as far as possible in the conduct of Greek letter collegiate fraternities and sororities, and to consider problems of mutual interest to its member organizations.” Early in 1937, the organization was incorporated under the laws of the State of Illinois and became known as “The National Pan-Hellenic Council, Incorporated.”

ABOUT

The National Pan-Hellenic Council, Incorporated is currently composed of nine International Greek letter Fraternities and Sororities: Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc., Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc., and Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc., and Iota Phi Theta Fraternity, Inc. NPHC has worked to promote interaction through forums, meetings and other mediums for the exchange of information and engages in cooperative programming and initiatives through various activities and functions.

 

On May 10, 1930, on the campus of Howard University, in Washington DC, the National Pan-Hellenic Council formed as a permanent organization with the following charter members: Omega Psi Phi and Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternities, and Alpha Kappa Alpha, Delta Sigma Theta, and Zeta Phi Beta Sororities. In 1931, Alpha Phi Alpha and Phi Beta Sigma Fraternities joined the Council. Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority joined in 1937 and Iota Phi Theta Fraternity completed the list of member organizations in 1997.

 

The stated purpose and mission of the organization in 1930 was “Unanimity of thought and action as far as possible in the conduct of Greek letter collegiate fraternities and sororities, and to consider problems of mutual interest to its member organizations.” Early in 1937, the organization was incorporated under the laws of the State of Illinois and became known as “The National Pan-Hellenic Council, Incorporated.”

ABOUT

The National Pan-Hellenic Council, Incorporated is currently composed of nine International Greek letter Fraternities and Sororities: Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc., Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc., and Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc., and Iota Phi Theta Fraternity, Inc. NPHC has worked to promote interaction through forums, meetings and other mediums for the exchange of information and engages in cooperative programming and initiatives through various activities and functions.

 

On May 10, 1930, on the campus of Howard University, in Washington DC, the National Pan-Hellenic Council formed as a permanent organization with the following charter members: Omega Psi Phi and Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternities, and Alpha Kappa Alpha, Delta Sigma Theta, and Zeta Phi Beta Sororities. In 1931, Alpha Phi Alpha and Phi Beta Sigma Fraternities joined the Council. Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority joined in 1937 and Iota Phi Theta Fraternity completed the list of member organizations in 1997.

 

The stated purpose and mission of the organization in 1930 was “Unanimity of thought and action as far as possible in the conduct of Greek letter collegiate fraternities and sororities, and to consider problems of mutual interest to its member organizations.” Early in 1937, the organization was incorporated under the laws of the State of Illinois and became known as “The National Pan-Hellenic Council, Incorporated.”

 

HISTORY

The National Pan-Hellenic Council, University of Maryland chapter is currently composed of 6 of the nine International Greek letter Fraternities and Sororities: Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc., and Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. Our chapter strives to aid in developing long lasting relationships among individual chapters. We offer a safe environment for the discussion of issues that are of importance to individuals of each organization. Our theme of the year and for years to come is “Greek Unity.” Our chapter works diligently to coordinate programs that serve a common interest to the members of our fraternities and sororities.  

 

CHAPTERS

Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc.

Iota Zeta

Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.

Kappa Phi

Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc.

Theta Nu

Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.

Epsilon Psi

Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.

Theta Theta

 

CONTACT US

Tel. 301-314-7172

nphcterps@gmail.com

0221 Adele H. Stamp Student Union

College Park, MD 20742

TELL US

© 2018 by Roundhouse. Proudly created with Wix.com

This site was designed with the
.com
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now